Friday, December 4, 2009

Ch 10 Up

Finally I've got chapter 10 out of the way. Can you believe it? 10 chapters already! I'm pretty excited, it's a milestone, that's for sure. This chapter was actually longer than the last few had been. Usually, it's me trying to make it just long enough - I usually average them around 7000 words, but this time I was writing and checked the word count and I was at 6900, and I hadn't even begun to close the chapter.
This one I had a little difficulty with, I was struggling with trying to get the right mood and the way the characters would be responding. I rewrote the scene between John and Renee when they both arrive home a couple of times. At first, I made them get into another heated argument, but it was too extreme and wouldn't be easy to resolve in the time I wanted. So I softened it up, and then it was too light and happy - John and Renee, Renee especially was acting much like her 19 year old self we familiarized ourselves with in the original story. And I was like, no, this is wrong - she's 38. Duh.
I think the scene is now okay, but I don't think it's the best it could possibly be, but I'm not really up for tinkering with it - I didn't want to keep you guys waiting. I knew if I put it off to another day I wouldn't get it up for a while.
This weekend I have to work on a couple of projects and I might be going to the movies tomorrow night - so there would be little time for the chapter to be finished.
Anyway, hope it pleased you all.
Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment